More Information

Provider Responsibilities

Murray Haven Homes Inc. will complete an Aged Care Entry Record for each new resident on entry.  The Aged Care Entry Record includes details on the agreed price and the resident’s elected method of payment.  If the resident has not chosen their method of payment at the time the Aged Care Entry Record is first due to be submitted, these details will need to be updated once known and re-submitted by the service provider.

Financial Hardship

If you believe that you will face financial hardship in paying your aged care costs, you can ask to be considered for a financial hardship assessment.  Please contact the Department of Human Services on 1800 227 475 or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs on 133 254 to see if you are eligible for this supplement.

Further Assistance

The Department of Human Services Financial Information Service (FIS) Officers can provide detailed information regarding aged care fees and charges and the effect these fees might have on your pension or superannuation.  This is a free service for all Australian residents.  To speak to a Financial Information Service Officer please contact 132 300.

For additional general information, please refer to the following websites:

My Aged Care

The main entry point to the aged care system in Australia. It provides information and tools to assist and support older people in their care.

Department of Health – Ageing and Aged Care

Provides information, tools and resources to support the aged care sector through evidence-based policy, well targeted programs, and best practice regulation.

 The National Aged Care Advocacy Program

Provides free, independent, confidential advocacy support to older people (and their representatives) receiving or seeking to receive Australian Government funded aged care services.

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner

Supports you to resolve concerns about aged care services.